Thursday, April 7, 2011

Debugging Flex 3 applications with Flash Player 10

I came across a problem recently when trying to debug my application after upgrading from Flash Player 9 (Debug version) to 10.2 (Debug version).  As soon as I upgraded my application stopped logging.  I searched everywhere and whilst I found a lot of people with the same problem never really found an answer.

After a lot of digging it appears to be the way you target the flash player version.  My application was targetting Flash Player 9 (in my flex-config.xml):

[code language="xml"]<target-player>9.0.124</target-player>[/code]

Changing this to 10 started the trace logging again.  As I wanted to maintain the v9 target I've ended up reverting back to Flash Player 9 to get the logging working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment